The Commonwealth Secretariat is inviting members of the press to its final Elections at 40 Expert Forum to commemorate four decades of international election observation.
The forum, entitled Electoral Technologies and Social Media: Truth and Trust in the Digital Age, will take place at 2pm BST today (21 October).
As technology plays a growing role in the delivery of elections and political campaigns, speakers will discuss the challenges, opportunities and implications for public trust in electoral processes.
The session will be moderated by Michael Meyer-Resende, Executive Director of Democracy Reporting International, and the speakers are:
• Dr Kushal Pathak, Director, ICT, Election Commission of India
• Melanie du Plessis, Manager Business Systems, Electoral Commission of South Africa
• Senator the Hon Matthew Samuda, Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of National Security, Jamaica
• Akua Gyekye, Public Policy Manager, Africa and MENA Elections, Facebook
• Senel Wanniarachchi, Co-Founder, Hashtag Generation, Sri Lanka
All media (press and broadcast) interested in interviews are requested to enquire in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the press are invited to listen in and cover the symposium, which will be held on 21 October 2020.